2010/1/6 sago <idmilling...@googlemail.com>:
>> If you present some research to
>> demonstrate how this tag could/would work for non-English languages,
>> it would be a lot more compelling.
>
> That's not going to work, in any meaningful sense. That peculiarity of
> the article is highly English-specific. The generalization would
> surely be something like
>
> {% if /some-regex/.matches(word) %}{{ form1 }} {{ word }}{% else %}
> {{ form2 }} {{ word }}{% endif %}

Disclaimer: I have a masters degree in Computational Linguistics. Ths
is a simplified account of  "last year of bachelor"-stuff:

Human language cannot (mathematically proven) be modelled by a mere
regexp, as human language is not only context-free, (needing a full
parser) but context-sensitive (needing parsers we don't really have
yet). Nice, yes?

It cannot go in humanize but it could go in localflavor for English.
It would be necessary with a stemmer and a replaceable wordlist
though, as what words get "an" and what get "a" not only depends on
country but also on specific publishing styles - and all of this has a
tendency to change over time.

HM