1. Is there a reason Django's phone2numeric method doesn't work for
the letters Q or Z? I realize that those two letters are the ones that
share four letters to a number instead of the standard three, but
that's no reason to leave them out. Most modern phones include the
full alphabet on their keys and it's silly not to let people convert
those two letters.

If there's no reason, I'd be happy to submit a patch since it's such
an easy fix.

2. I was also wondering if there's a reason that the dictionary of
numbers/letters used in that function is in such a seemingly random
order... is there some brilliant logic behind it?

The source for the function I'm referring to is here:

http://code.djangoproject.com/browser/django/trunk/django/utils/text.py#L158

Thanks!

    - Gabriel