On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 4:58 AM, Jeff Balogh <jbal...@mozilla.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 16, 2010 at 6:26 AM, Russell Keith-Magee
> <freakboy3...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> This is a quick call for comment on ticket #12624.
>>
>> This ticket proposes to make Django's test runner a class-based,
>> rather than function based operation.
>
> One thing:
> http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/releases/1.2/#test-runner-exit-status-code
> says that run_tests should return 0 for success or 1 for failure, but
> your patch still returns the old `len(errors) + len(failures)`.

That was intentional. I've opted to avoid data loss until the last
possible moment. There is a distinction here between the "mange.py
test" return value, and the return value from the internal test
runner.

At the ./manage.py level (and in runtests.py), the full integer status
code is clipped to a 0/1 value to avoid operating systems complaining
if there was a return code larger than 255. However, that doesn't mean
that a programmatic invocation (such as by a continuous integration
system) won't be able to use the full integer value of failed tests.

Yours,
Russ Magee %-)