On Feb 10, 5:24 pm, Tom Evans <tevans...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 3:09 PM, Jari Pennanen <jari.penna...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi!
>
> > I was wondering what is the status of branch branches/soc2009/http-
> > wsgi-improvements
> > (http://github.com/django/django/tree/soc2009/http-wsgi-improvements
> > )? I'm personally interested one bug it fixes, mainly ticket #2131
> > (http://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/2131)

You don't need that fix to use efficient file serving.

Just use an empty response and set the X-Sendfile header manually if
using
Apache. If not, check your server documentation for the right header
name.

E.g.:

response = HttpResponse()
response['X-Sendfile'] = '/full/path/to/file'
response['Content-Type'] = 'some/content_type'
response['Content-Length'] = os.stat('/full/path/to/file').st_size
response['Content-Disposition'] = 'attachment; filename="foo"'
return response