On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 6:39 AM, Stephen Wolff <stephen.wo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 25/02/2010 20:05, SmileyChris wrote:
>>
>> Just two small points I'd like to highlight:
>>
>> On Feb 26, 3:50 am, Russell Keith-Magee<freakboy3...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> I'm not casting blame here. Those doing triage work are doing a great
>>> job. I'm just pointing out that we have a problem.  Despite the best
>>> efforts of our volunteer triage team, they haven't been able to keep
>>> up with the backlog. We either need more volunteers to do triage, or
>>> we need to accept as a community that progress isn't going to be as
>>> fast as we may like.
>>>

>> More volunteers! Come one people! *SmileyChris blows his triage
>> trumpet*
>>

> I've been reading this list for a while, and just read the 'Ticket Triage'
> part of the documentation
> [http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/internals/contributing/?from=olddocs#ticket-triage
> /
> http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/internals/contributing/?from=olddocs#triage-by-the-general-community]
>
> What do trusted ticket triagers do in addition to the 'triage by the general
> community' tasks? The docs are a bit vague on that. Anyhow - i'm going to do
> my best to find some time to do work on general tasks.

The trusted triage team doesn't do anything extra - they just have
increased authority in the triage process. The triage docs tell you to
"be conservative in your actions"; the triage team has been explicitly
given permission to be a little less conservative on the basis of
their track record. This also means that their decisions carry a
little more weight. For example, if a triage team member marks a
ticket as wontfix, that shouldn't be reversed by a general community
member without a discussion on django-dev.

However, point taken -- that section of the docs could do with some
clarification. The role of the triage team is a little vague at the
moment. We should also be a little more clear on who is on the triage
team (I don't think we have publicly acknowledge them by name anywhere
at the moment).

Yours,
Russ Magee %-)