Please note I've already consulted secur...@djangoproject.com about
this and Jacob told me to post it here if I wanted to.

One problem with authenticated sessions is that, upon de-activation of
a user's account, any sessions that user has remain live until they
logout.

I think it would be a good idea to add a middleware to auth which
checked is_active and, if it was found to be False, redirected the
user to the logout url. Indeed it may look something like this:
http://dpaste.com/184192/

-Steve