On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 11:53 AM, Jeremy Dunck <jdu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Tom, it may be inconvenient at this point, but please consider forking
> the github django repo so that upstream pulls can be handled more
> easily.

I've been running a private Git mirror of Django for a long time now,
which we source for the internal branch at The Onion, and which I'll
be pushing into experimental's "upstream" branch; I just need to set
up a cronjob to automate it.  I'd rather not have it based on the
existing GitHub django/django branch, because I don't control that
mirror and don't want to depend on it not breaking.

Aside: Interestingly enough, though, my mirror and the django/django
mirror are still hash-identical for the same commits, which means
git-svn is doing a good job of being deterministic:

-
http://github.com/django/django/commit/ab7e351604d556af0fdf79e5efff67f2bed39034

-
http://github.com/tomxtobin/django-experimental/commit/ab7e351604d556af0fdf79e5efff67f2bed39034