One of the GSOC projects that was accepted is about updating and
improving Django's test suite. The guy doing it has expressed interest
in using coverage.py to help with the project (whether as a long-term
part of django or just for the GSOC project), so there'll probably be
more concrete information available in a few months...

All the best,
    - Gabriel