On Jun 15, 5:10 pm, Patryk Zawadzki <pat...@pld-linux.org> wrote:
> If you don't mind, I'll talk a bit more to myself.

While talking to self usually helps, IMHO, we have to speak to each
other to get this in 1.3.

Ben has taken the lead of this and published some code. I suggest we
focus on testing and improving Ben's code rather than keep going back
and examine the basic assumptions:

- the url dispatcher will not be changed
- the user will have an thread-safe instance to work with

Actually, the current code is not that sure on the second point,
here's a line from base.py:

view.request = request # FIXME: Maybe remove? Should this be
encouraged?

As I see it, if we're cloning the view, it should be encouraged. I
forked Ben's code and refactored it so that instead of having the
methods pass 'request' around, use self.request. I believe it made the
generic views more readable and it will help users' make their views
cleaner. My fork is at http://github.com/daonb/django-class-based-views

Benny