On 17 jun, 12:16, Patryk Zawadzki <pat...@pld-linux.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 11:53 AM, Roald <downa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 16 jun, 15:45, Ben Firshman <b...@firshman.co.uk> wrote:
> >> The request is passed round so methods look like views to decorators.
> >> Magically dropping it for decorators seems a bit scary. :/
>
> > Just brainstorming: couldn't you have View derive from HttpRequest?
>
> Would you seriously recommend people to extend "int" when they want to
> implement multiplication? :)

Nope. But the analogy doesn't hold.

First: this is just brainstorming. Maybe it inspires someone for a
better solution somehow. As you might know, I (still) favor deriving
from HttpResponse

Second: users will never extend HttpRequest directly, they will extend
View.

Third: It might be not even as weird as it looks on first sight.
There's nothing wrong with 'response = request.get_response()', so why
not just make 'get_response' the  'default function' of a request:
response = request(). I admint that the name View might nog be the
best in this case.

Fourth: still, this is just brainstorming.