Hey all,

As I said in my last update, this week I've been working on some
ListField stuff.  So far I have a basic ListField implemented, with a
syntax of models.ListField(models.IntegerField()).  However, there are
a number of questions that have cropped up:

1) Should support for PostgreSQL (and probably other DB) arrays be
implemented using this same API.
2) How do we handle what MongoDB calls "embedded documents", these are
effectively a foreign key, except the data isn't stored in a remote
table, it is stored inline with the object.  I'm considering a syntax
such as models.ListField(models.EmeddedObject(MyModel)), (this would
also allow just assigning an EmbeddedObject() to create a 1-1 field
effectively).  Another proposal I've seen is just
models.ListField(MyModel), which is similar to the ForeignKey syntax.
I'd like to avoid using ForeignKeys themselves, as I think the name
makes it explicit that the object is foreign (i.e. it lives in another
table, collection in MongoDB parlance).
3) Should support for heterogeneous lists be supported.
4) Where should the List code ultimately live.  Right now I put it in
django.db.models.fields.structures.

Alex

--
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your
right to say it." -- Voltaire