On 06/09/10 14:29, Patryk Zawadzki wrote:

> The problem only exists when Django sets isolation level to 1, if you
> use the deprecated "autocommit" setting, you will not be affected.

Uh. Is this deprecated? At what layer? Since when?  I've been using it*
happily for a while (modulo that one known "make sure to read once
before writing" issue with django 1.1), was not aware of any deprecation
of it?

* i.e. django's postgresql_psycopg2  autocommit -> True setting which
amounts to setting isolation level 0 => autocommit at the psycopg2 level
(you can still enter transaction management when you want to).
http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/ref/databases/#autocommit-mode