Hi All,

I may be missing something, but queryset.delete() seems oddly implemented in
Django.  It does a select to get all the IDs to be deleted, and then deletes
them, in blocks of 100 I believe, by ID.  Is there a reason it needs to do
this and/or is it overly complex to implement as a single query?  Issuing
multiple queries when you're trying to delete millions of rows can be very
expensive when done like this.

There's a ticket open about this, marked "Design decision needed":

http://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/9519

Does this seem like a valid change to others out there?  Should I move it to
"Accepted" and proceed with trying to fix it (though it may be harder than I
think)?

Thanks,
Tobias
--