On Tuesday, 5 October 2010 at 12:17 AM, Sean Brant wrote:

            On Oct 3, 8:08 pm, Russell Keith-Magee
<russ...@keith-magee.com>wrote: On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 8:56 AM, Sean Brant
wrote: > Thanks for the feedback Russ. I know it couldn't be that straight
forward. I'll work on a patch this week that > implements what you mentioned.
Would it be best to start a new ticket or re-open the old ticket? Open a new
ticket. #7917 proposes fixing the existing tag; this is a complete new approach
to the problem. However, make sure you reference the old ticket and discussions
so we have a point of reference. Feel free to accept the new ticket for the 1.3
milestone..s...@gmail.com>.s...@gmail.com>Okay I created a new ticket with
patch for this.http://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/14389Thanks Sean. I've put
this on my todo list once I've sorted out major features for the alpha.If
you're in the area and you're feeling particularly enthused, it would be a nice
idea to do an audit of all the other Django template tags to see if there are
any other tags
 that need a similar migration plan. For example, I think #9666 describes the
asme problem, but with the {% ssi %} tag. I can't think of any other examples
off the top of my head, but it wouldn't surprise me if they exist.If we're
going to introduce a "from future" analog for template tags, it would be nice
to get *all* the things that need to come from the future.
        Yours,Russ Magee %-)