Hi Alex and Yuri,

To make it clear: is this only a syntax change and all other benefits
can be achieved with current implementation?

The benefits from the wiki:

1. ability to customize and localize 3rd-party application without
fork it - it is as easy with current ModelAdmin. ModelAdmin looks up
it's own methods so 'get_bar_column' in wiki can be put into
AccountAdmin.

2. ability to apply custom template filters on field value or model
method returned value without any magic - it is also possible:
template filters are just functions and @register.filter decorator
doesn't harm them.

3. ability to specify witch field will be used in order for column
based on model method - this is also totally possible with current
implementation

4. beautifully API to admin change list customization - as I can see
it is the only benefit here

Am I correct and the goal is only to change list_display syntax?