On 12/01/2010 04:26 PM, Łukasz Rekucki wrote:
What about view decorators?

I don't want to invent use cases here, but if I right now have a view
decorator that on it's way out changes something that could alter how
a template is rendered (like current language, some settings or the
database contents), then changing to TemplateResponse will break this
view.

If you're talking about "right now" and "alter how a template is rendered" then this view either doesn't return an HttpResponse instance or returns its custom descendant. Hence such view won't be affected by introduction of a new shortcut or TemplateResponse.

What I'm talking about is that currently a middleware or a decorator that expects a normal HttpResponse instance can only access its headers or completely rendered content. The laziness of TemplateResponse can't break it.

May be I don't understand what you're trying to show here. Can you provide a small example?