+1 on fixing the the verbose_name_plural usage, as __every__ user with
an activated language (that is: aside from english) will run into it.
Regarding the double entry in the context: I am +1 on leaving
object_list in there. This way middlewares (or other generic view
mixins) could act on object_list and don't have to specialized for the
context_name which they can't know.

Cheers, Florian

P.S.: Sending this from the new groups interface; I am really sorry if
that sends HTML, will try to turn that off…