It will be much more useful to have customizable slugify function et
all, because django's builtin sligify does not support russian
symbols.

It would be nice to have optional 'SLUGIFY_FUNC' setting to override
the default function. It'll allow me to use slugify from pyutils
module, for example.

On Jan 4, 5:05 am, Joe Jasinski <joe.jasin...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>   I'm wondering if anyone would find it useful to allow the slugify
> function to take an optional argument that would let us specify what
> type of separator to use.  Sometimes it might be nice to let slugify
> use an underscore instead of a dash.  I see that slugify is grouped
> with the template filters code so perhaps it's intent is only to be
> used as a template tag, but I've seen people using it in raw python
> code.

Alexander