On Sat, Jan 15, 2011 at 9:23 PM, Marc Garcia <garcia.m...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, I still see that policy a way of hiding symptoms, more than an
> advantage for users, but thank you so much for the explanations
> Russell.

I've also felt the same always... I understand and agree with the
philosophy of "always render parseable templates", and also with not
displaying this issues to the *end user* of the site. But I think a
lot of time could be saved if the exceptions which are (correctly)
masked from the end user should be reported somehow to the site
administrator/developer anyway so he can do something about those....
And nwo that django has a logging mechanism perhaps inetgration with
that should go very well...

Is there any interest from the core devs in something like this (a
system to log template rendering exceptions, even when they're masked
from the user)?

D.