On Feb 3, 2:16 pm, Russell Keith-Magee <russ...@keith-magee.com>
wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 4:47 PM, Jari Pennanen <jari.penna...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The pair of Ls in my email address aren't just there for show. Russell. Two
> Ls.

I'm terribly sorry, that was unintentional.

But I would be happy for class decorators too, as long as it is
simpler.

> To my mind, this isn't quite the same as setting template_name. That's
> a simple configuration issue, not something that fundamentally alters
> view behavior. To reinforce the point -- as an alternative to
> specifying template_name, you can override the function
> get_template_names() which programatically returns the right template.
> It would strike me as strange for the list of decorators to be applied
> to a view to be configured in the same way. Yet it would be
> contradictory to have some class variables extendable by function, but
> not others.

This forbidden_checks is not list of decorators, just functions that
checks the request/input if the view is allowed to view. Secondly why
couldn't there be get_forbidden_checks() getter too if that is the
problem?

I personally don't find this behavior surprising. If there really is
something fundamentally different with forbidden_checks and other
class attributes like model, queryset, template_name,
context_object_name, ... then there has to be a way to define the
difference.

I can't see those other attributes any less important, shit will break
if one changes them unless changing other parts too (usually).