Dear all,

allow me to quickly introduce myself, my name is Paul, I'm a PhD
student from Germany and am playing around with django for mere joy
(procrastination).

I have a quick question on why ticket #15352 (
http://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/15352
) was closed?

It just took me a fair amount of time to figure out why my ajax post
requests weren't working and for me the javascript-snippet posted
here:
http://www.djangoproject.com/weblog/2011/feb/08/security/
doesn't work exactly because the id is missing on the csrf_token
(ubuntu 10.10, firefox 3.6.4, jQuery 1.5). I guess an alternative
would be to modify the javascript above so that the selector is
$("[name=csrfmiddlewaretoken]")
instead of
$("#csrfmiddlewaretoken")

Sorry if I have missed something, I couldn't find anything on this on
the mailing list.

cheers
Paul