OTOH, I don't see a valid usage scenario not involving an admin who
has 2 accounts in the system and forgot which one was the proper one.

<skip>

PS. If you're really concerned about messages from admin you should be
really outraged by _("Your e-mail address is not your username. Try
'%s' instead.") % user.username

That example is bad, but not misleading. Message about wrong credentials is misleading. It misled me to waste whole hour figuring out what's wrong with my login system - that's a usage scenario I want to fix.

Scenario: developer uses django to create a site, has is_staff=False for some reason, django actively prevents debugging that issue.

--
arty ( http://arty.name )