On Mar 15, 9:46 am, Russell Keith-Magee <russ...@keith-magee.com>
wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 1:14 PM, Simon Litchfield <si...@s29.com.au> wrote:
> > Who votes we should come up with a django-blessed 'official' default
> > project layout / directory structure?
>
> Sure -- no disagreement that it would be good to have some common
> ground with regards to project layout. All we need now is to agree
> what that blessed project layout should be. :-)

Lowest common denominator is what we're after here I think. Eg --

manage.py
--conf
----settings.py
----settings_dev.py
--lib
----other_app1
----other_app2
--my_app1
--my_app2
--media
--templates
--templatetags (project tags, non-app specific, if you have any)
--views.py (project views, non-app specific, if you have any)
--urls.py (project urls, non-app specific)

Or maybe this --

manage.py
--conf
----settings.py
----settings_dev.py
----(wsgi files)
--lib
----other_app1
----other_app2
--project
----my_app1
----my_app2
----templatetags (project tags, non-app specific, if you have any)
----views.py (project views, non-app specific, if you have any)
----urls.py (project urls, non-app specific)
--media
----css
----img
----js
----uploads
--templates

This way we keep our pythons separate from our chickens.

Also to suggest a preferred media structure or not- at least a
centralised uploads / var media folder would be good practice I think,
at least from provisioning and permissions etc point of view.

Thoughts? These are just a few suggestions to get the conversation
started!