Hi Alex,

On 03/29/2011 01:36 AM, Alex Kamedov wrote:
> I think, cron jobs is an overhead in many simple cases where old
> behaviour was useful and more simpler.
> Why you don't want include DeletingFileField[1] in django?
>
> [1] https://gist.github.com/889692

Because, as mentioned above, it is known to cause data loss in certain
situations (rolled-back transactions, overlapping upload-to
directories), and we are not very fond of including things in Django
that cause some Django users to lose their data. If you understand those
risks and want to use DeletingFileField in your projects, it's not hard
to do so.

Carl