On 03/30/2011 07:43 PM, Russell Keith-Magee wrote:
> ... and this is the exact model that has been proposed, and rejected
> in #3011 (albeit with a more complex dance around default values). It

I just re-read #3011, and it is far from clear from reading through the
ticket that that approach was ever rejected as such, even less why.
There is mention on the ticket about it being dropped from the 1.1
feature discussions, but even there there is more confusion than clarify
on the ticket.

Anyway, the rejection and reasons may be clear from a thorough search of
django-developers archives, which I haven't done, and is a reasonable
thing to expect a GSoC applicant to do - but it seems to me that if any
core devs have a clear idea that the approach in the #3011 tickets is
not workable, it would probably be worthwhile Trac gardening to say so
(and briefly why) on the ticket itself.

Carl