> Hi,
>   How uwsgi is more secure than FastCGI ?

I think he is referring to the various included jailing systems (chroot,
linux namespaces, posix capabilities...) because if we are talking about
protocols there are no really differences between uwsgi and FastCGI, both
are unsecure by-design :)

>   I believe that running manage.py for production deployments is "not
> way to go", as it has been noted by django devs previously.
>  What purpose would runuwsgi command serve ?

I see it as a way to easily use the embedded uwsgi module/api before going
into production. If a user want to use something like the uWSGI timer/cron
system

http://projects.unbit.it/uwsgi/wiki/DjangoTimers
http://projects.unbit.it/uwsgi/wiki/CronInterface

it can just start coding without passing for all the stack configuration.

--
Roberto De Ioris
http://unbit.it