On 04/28/2011 08:59 AM, Russell Keith-Magee wrote:
To be completely frank, from my perspective, the code is an unknown
quantity at this point. It *might* be fine -- but it might not, on
anything from a scale from "needs minor work" to "needs to be
rebuilt". I simply don't know, and any process that will lead to me
knowing requires me to spend a non-trivial amount of time reviewing
the code and it's branch.

For anyone who's interested, here's the complete diff of Django-nonrel against Django 1.3: http://paste.pocoo.org/show/379546/

I think all those changes could fit into ~10 concrete Trac tickets.

(That doesn't mean discussions won't consume a lot of time for everybody who's involved -- I just wanted give people an idea about kind and quantity of the code changes.)

Jonas