Postgres requires resetting the sequences I believe. I just assume
Oracle/MSSQL are probably similar.

Regarding the signals, basically we have a bunch of post_save type
things, which tend to store aggregate data for certain conditions.
These get populated (in some cases) in our tests, but don't correspond
to a fixture or a model in the same app.
--
David Cramer
http://justcramer.com