On May 17, 5:32 pm, Michal Petrucha <michal.petru...@ksp.sk> wrote:
> Proper subquery support is something that can be addressed once the
> rest of the implementation is stable.

To me the plan looks very reasonable (both disallowing subqueries and
converting to disjunction form), unless there is some part in the
internals which expects pk__in=qs to work. In that case it could just
be converted to something like:
if pk is multipart_pk:
    qs = list(qs.values_list('pk_part1', 'pk_part2'))
continue as now.

In any case, in my opinion pushing as much of this work to later
patches is the way to go. The only question is how much can be pushed
to later patches. I do not know the answer to that, unfortunately...

 - Anssi