On Jun 10, 2:05 pm, Matt Bennett <m...@bennett.name> wrote:

> Is there a reason the call to logger.error can't come before we return
> the technical_500_response when DEBUG=True? It seems to me that the
> debug level should be checked in each individual handler, rather than
> determining whether the error is passed to the logger at all.

Aren't these two separate things? It makes sense to have the logging
of errors occur in all code paths, but that isn't connected with
levels on handlers. The first requires the logging call to be added to
the code, whereas levels on handlers can be configured to be as
verbose (or not) as you like, independently of logging calls in the
code.

Regards,

Vinay Sajip