On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 1:14 PM, Daniel Swarbrick
<daniel.swarbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I personally find it relatively useless to know what the wall clock
> time was when something happened in another timezone.

Right, but this isn't DanielsWebFramework, we need to cover more than
what you find personally useful.

Maybe what I'm suggesting is incredibly esoteric, and should only
belong in TomsWebFramework, but I can definitely see the utility in a
DateTimeField that is TZ-aware and reconstitutes precisely the
TZ-aware datetime that was put into it - so not just the UTC offset,
but the specific TZ.

I'm aware that this isn't how databases handle this internally, this
is why we have an ORM, in order to be clever.

Cheers

Tom