I don't see what's wrong with 'strip' attribute for models.Field,
we've already non database-related 'blank' attribute, but I agree that
it does not solve the general problem.

What I'm thinking about is something like django.core.validators [1],
but called 'processors' with the only and main difference that
processor returns value which gets passed to the next processor in
chain.

I'm not sure that it plays nice with existing clean_[fieldname]
methods and that 'processor' is a good name either, but I'd like to
hear what do you think about this idea.

Thanks.

[1] https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/ref/forms/validation/#using-validators

--