Hi,

I don't really know if what I'm posting is expected behaviour or not (hence
not going straight to Trac), but I am seeing very odd behaviour
using django.test.client.Client.put.

The documentation
describes<https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/topics/testing/#django.test.client.Client.put>the
 put method as "acting just like Client.post()", but it seems this isn't
really true at all. post() preserves data which has been encoded into the
query string (and is documented to do so), but it seems that put() does not.
It is nearly always overwritten by what the developer likely intended for
the request body. Here's the offending
code<https://github.com/django/django/blob/1.3/django/test/client.py#L294>
(please
forgive the GitHub links).

The curious thing is this seems to have been implemented as a response to a
ticket that I'm having trouble following, #11371 (a bit of a brain overload
today).

Is this really intended behaviour?

—Oliver