On Tuesday, July 12, 2011 4:17:08 AM UTC+12, Gregor Müllegger wrote:

> Hm, hidden fields are something that I have not taken into account after
> our
> latest iteration. I think they are a bit special-cased and might need
> attention even if we drop changing-the-widget feature.

Agreed, it'd be nice to make this case work, and like you say, we have
hidden_widget on the field already - just need a way to activate it (it's
probably just as simple as a formconfig which changes the form field's
widget attribute to hidden_widget).

> Your example is already achieveable without introducing a new template:
>
>     {% form form using %}
>         {% formconfig field with required=0 %}
>         {% include "forms/p.html" %}
>     {% endform %}
>
> This of course only works since you don't want to change actual markup from
> "forms/p.html". Otherwise you must define a new template.

Yeah, you're (both) right. I'm happy enough to see extends dropped for the
sake of simplicity. It was me overthinking the situation.
And yes, since you've shown an advantage of the inline using, it makes sense
to keep.