On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 12:25 AM, daonb <bennyd...@gmail.com> wrote:
> IMHO, Django's philosophy is that template designers are highly
> skilled designers and not coders.  To make it possible for designers
> to edit the templates themselves,

Planning for designers to work in code is an extreme edge case.  In 15
years of web development I've never once worked with a single designer
who was interested in touching any code.  As far as my own web
projects go, the designer is done the moment they give me a layered
.psd.

> Django requires the developer to
> create a simple context dictionary for designers to understand.

How is something like {{ view.myvar }} any harder than {{ myvar }} for
those two designers in the whole world who actually want to touch the
code?

--
Greg Donald