> I was thinking of adding a recaptcha implementation, based on the work
> of others, if that would work with licenses. But probably that choice
> would indeed introduce an external (unwanted) dependency.

Yeah... it's really a tricky problem. That solution is probably best
as an external app. Some users deploy Django apps with no net access
at all.

> About ticket 16860, I believe that to be over my head for now. In your
> opinion, is that ticket tied to the User discussion, about a more
> flexible/abstract User model (ticket 3011)?

It's tied to it, but 3011 is really hairy, and I believe we can do
good work in 16860 with or without the changes under discussion in
3011. I don't know when we will sort out 3011, but the stuff in 16860
can happen on a different timeframe.

> And/Or do you believe we have to deal with database migration first?

That would be nice, but I think we can work with what we currently have.

-Paul