Hello,

I've implemented the storage and retrieval of aware datetime objects in SQLite.
This involved some refactoring, because SQLite returns datetimes as strings,
and I didn't want to duplicate the parsing code. All database backends are now
covered.

Although it isn't strictly necessary for my project, I suspect the
django.db.backends.util.typecast_* functions could use further refactoring.
They date back to r3, and the database adapters have become better at
converting data to Python objects since then. This deserves more research.

I've also committed a patch for #16906 that I wanted to merge in my branch
before further work, and fixed some related tickets (#16899, #16923, #4076).

I've had other priorities since my last check-in; I hope I'll have more time
for this project now.

Best regards,

--
Aymeric Augustin.