Doh, accidentally hit "send on my phone." Let me finish my thought:

I must say that I would personally LOVE to see this in 1.4 as some sort of
"preview" (akin to __future__) to give people a chance to get their
packages up and running on Python 3. This would also allow people to
document the porting process properly.

Obviously, this is dependent on the code passing code reviews in time,
which may be hard as I know this effort is based upon a separate effort.
I'm betting this ends up being a lot of code that will need some very
specific people's time. I know Jannis would like the original person to
review the additional changes.

Core Developers, what else would we need as far as documentation? I'm
assuming the current test suite should be good. Do we need some more
numbers besides Linux and maybe OS X to prove timing still looks good?
Would there be a potentially larger slow down w/ all the u() and b() calls
on Windows than the others?

I have no governing power on the project, so these are all my opinion with
no power to make them happen.

Joe & Anne Tennies
tenn...@gmail.com