> Place a try/catch for MemoryError on the exception handler to send back a
> simple exception traceback to the browser.

Yes, this makes sense, as long as we are sure the memory error is
raised by Django code, not user code.

> Include a configuration settings option to limit the maximum payload it will
> send back to the browser per variable (i.e. maybe 500kb per stack frame, or
> 2kb per variable etc)

I think we should select some reasonable limits for these, and
hardcode them, rather than adding a setting. Users who are debugging
the entire contents of multi-megabyte variable values on the html
debug page are doing it wrong.

-Paul