On Thursday, 22 December 2011 03:49:44 UTC+1, Russell Keith-Magee wrote:

> ... there isn't a single solution that will work
> everywhere, which one of the reasons that the docs are silent on the
> issue.

Just for the record: The docs are actually telling you to put your signals
in models.py, at the end of:
https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/topics/signals/#s-receiver-functions

I would much rather have them point people to signals.py, and an import
signals.py in __init__.py. I've seen beginners be trapped in the circular
import loop when trying to move their signals to a separate file, not
realizing that they also need to move the import of signals.py away from
models to be able to use Model classes inside signals.