On 7 February 2012 10:01, Tai Lee <real.hu...@mrmachine.net> wrote:

> I found that Alex's `django-ajax-validation` works pretty well for
> this and I think it works the way you described. Perhaps it could be
> updated and included into Django core, if there is good support for
> it.
>
> https://github.com/alex/django-ajax-validation/

@Tai: Thanks a lot for the link.Though I havent personally gone through
this code yet(I will be doing so in 2 -3 days.) If this behaves exactly as
requested by me above then, I think it will be a great idea to include this
into the main django repo if there is a good support for this
implementation.

> Cheers.
> Tai.
>

> On Feb 4, 8:03 am, Adrian Holovaty <adr...@holovaty.com> wrote:
> > On Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 11:46 AM, Karthik Abinav
> >
> > <karthikabin...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >   I was thinking about a feature that could be implemented. For common
> > > fields like username having only alphanumeric , or phone numbers
> having only
> > > numbers, a client side validation need not be written every
> time.Instead one
> > > could directly write something like,
> >
> > > forms.CharField(validator = "usernamevalidation")
> >
> > > in the forms definition and the client side validation for that field
> would
> > > automatically be taken care of by the validator class. This will save
> a lot
> > > of time while making large websites with lot of registration forms and
> in
> > > general be helpful to people who dont really know javascript and yet
> want
> > > some amount of frontend validation in place.
> >
> > I like the idea of having a JavaScript version of form validation.
> > Basically we could make a view class that takes a Form object in
> > __init__() and returns JSON of the errors in a consistent way -- this
> > would be very easy to do. Then we could provide some standard
> > JavaScript to parse that JSON and add the error messages to the
> > appropriate fields in the form in a consistent way.
> >
> > Good idea! It's a bit too late now to add it to Django 1.4, but I'd
> > like to implement this for the next version.
> >
> > Adrian

Regards,

Karthik Abinav,