Hello,

I'm also interested in working on an enhanced auth.user as a GSoC project and I'm currently working on my proposal. My proposal is largely based on pluggable auth models.

What I'm seeing is that most people are generally negative to the idea, including core developers and django-developers' regulars. I have also read through the comments of ticket #3011 and the linked Google spreadsheet[1] where the idea was eventually rejected for 1.1. Moreover, Django's GSoC 2011 page (but not the one for 2012) specifically mentions that the idea has been rejected.

That said, I believe that my proposal, when completed, will address most of the issues people are raising against the idea of pluggable user models.

My question is whether I should continue writing/developing my proposal or is this something that has no chance of being accepted?

Thanks.

Stratos Moros

1: http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pSqnCvef6OXmGWQ9qbEVMeA