On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 7:13 PM, Russell Keith-Magee <
russ...@keith-magee.com> wrote:

> There's also a very recent, relatively active thread discussing our
> options with auth.User, which has a lot of overlap with this change. The
> wiki discusses all the options, and makes specific mention of the need (and
> possible migration approaches) for EmailField [1]. Given that these two
> topics are closely related, I'd rather try and keep the discussions in one
> place.
>
> [1]
> https://code.djangoproject.com/wiki/ContribAuthImprovements#Parallelconcerns
>
> Yours,
> Russ Magee %-)

Perhaps the wrong thread to ask this, but is there a way to politely
encourage a BDFL decision on the matter sooner rather than later? I would
like to submit a GSoC application around implementing the fix, and the
April 6 deadline is coming up fast. I don't know the usual timeframe on
controversial decisions like this, so if it is unlikely that a BDFL will
put their foot down significantly before the deadline then that is also
good to know. I could then apply with a looser definition of the project
contingent on an eventual decision.

Ciao,
Alex Ogier