W dniu 27.04.2012 10:36, Anssi Kääriäinen pisze:
On Apr 27, 11:14 am, Piotr Grabowski<grabowski...@gmail.com>  wrote:
Hi!

I'm Piotr Grabowski, student from University of Wroclaw, Poland
In this Google Summer of Code I will  deal with problem of customizable
serialization in Django.

You can find my proposal here https://gist.github.com/2319638
I quickly skimmed the proposal and I noticed speed/performance wasn't
mentioned. I believe performance is important in serialization and
especially in deserialization. It is not the number one priority item,
but it might be worth it to write a couple of benchmarks (preferably
to djangobench [1]) and check that there are no big regressions
introduced by your work. If somebody already has good real-life
testcases available, please share them...

  - Anssi

[1] https://github.com/jacobian/djangobench/

I didn't think about performance a lot. There will be regressions.
Now serialization is very simple: Iterate over fields, transform it into string (or somethink serializable), serialize it with json|yaml|xml. In my approach it is: transform (Model) object to Serializer object, each field from original object is FieldSerializer object, next (maybe recursively) get native python type object from each field, serialize it with json|yaml|xml. I can do some optimalizations in this process but it's clear it will take longer to serialize (and deserialize) object then now. It can be problem with time taken by tests if there is a lot of fixtures. I will try to write good, fast code but I will be very glad if someone give me tips about performance bottlenecks in it.

--
Piotr Grabowski