On Saturday, April 28, 2012 12:46:53 PM UTC-7, Yuval Adam wrote:

> I think this issue should be dealt with sooner rather than later.
>
> Django will start getting lots of orphan pull requests with no
> matching trac ticket, and a policy of how community members should
> contribute via github should be in place.
>
> As a side note, it is kind of a hassle to submit a pull request and
> then go fill a new trac ticket.
> For me, as a kind-of-involved user of Django, I simply won't go into
> that burden.

It is a small hassle, but I've done it several times (creating a pull and
ticket with cross referencing links).  Writing tests can sometimes feel
like a hassle.

Hopefully we will see some solutions and improvements in the trac-github
space, but in the meantime - it shouldn't be a barrier to contributing - a
few more clicks is all.

 -P