That looks a lot like 15863.
https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/15863

Which cache backend are you using? Which session backend? Are you
absolutely positive you are using Django 1.4, and not a
system-installed version of 1.3? Does your code pickle or unpickle
sessions or cookies anywhere outside of the caching framework?

I thought we fixed that bug, but if you can provide minimal steps to
reproduce it in Django 1.4, we'll have to reopen the ticket.

-Paul