Micheal:

   I note that your code is using the Adam Vandenberg fork of adodbapi.  I
have rolled Adam's changes back into the main branch of adodbapi, so that
django can have the advantages of numerous bug fixes, as well as the
ability to run in Python3 and IronPython.  I have attempted to make all of
the features that Adam added work exactly the same way -- except that you
will have to add a line of code to inform adodbapi that it needs to switch
paramstyle to 'format' when it connects.  As far as I know, this is the
only db-api module which is capable of switching paramstyle at run time --
and I did it all for you.

  Please, please, please import my new django-compatible adodbapi from
https://sourceforge.net/projects/adodbapi
<https://sourceforge.net/projects/adodbapi%20%20>(or PyPi, same version in
both places).

  Let me know if you need any help or changes.  I will modify the main fork
to accommodate your needs.  I _really_ want this to work.
--
Vernon Cole