On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 10:34 AM, Anders Steinlein <and...@e5r.no> wrote:
> Looking forward to this release, exciting! However, targeting the release
> for Christmas Eve seems like a bad idea PR-wise. I suggest either launching
> after new year's eve or quite a few days before christmas to get
> better/broader PR.

Thanks for the suggestion. If this was a traditional product, I'd be
holding off until after the new year, but the great thing about being
an open source developer is that we don't have to worry about these
things. PR's pretty far down the list of things I'm worried about.
Free time, on the other hand, is right up there on the top, and the
Thanksgiving - Christmas timeframe is traditionally when us volunteers
have a ton of free time. So I'm targeting the release for the end of
that timeframe.

Jacob