Oh cmon,

please stop playing a socket puppet for the wheezy.web author. A web
framework consists of more than just a win in speed (an the author of
wheezy.web can argue whatever he wants that "basic" stuff stuff should be
fast) -- if we were looking for speed we wouldn't use python at all
(period). The goal is to be fast enough and be able to scale out
horizontally, everything else is not really interesting in the case of web
development. While I won't deny that Django isn't the fastest framework out
there it certainly gets it's job done more than good enough and that's all
it matters. I don't know what your goal is, but please stop posting such
meaningless comparisons on django-dev…

That said, if you really think Django's urlresolver is to slow, go ahead,
profile it and improve it, we certainly won't say no to speed improvements…

Cheers,
Florian