On 31 October 2012 19:31, Michał Nowotka <mmm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I would understand truncating but please take a look:
>
> class DefinedDailyDose(models.Model):
> #...
>     class Meta:
>         db_table = u'mnowotka\".\"defined_daily_dose'
>         managed=False
>
> where the name is even longer

Don't want to be mean, but:

>>> len(u'mnowotka\".\"defined_daily_dose')
29
>>> len('mnowotka\".\"protein_therapeutics')
31

So no, that's not longer. It's exactly 2 characters shorter which is
enough not to fall into 30 char limit.

PS. I'm pretty sure you want to have:

db_table='"mnoworka"."defined_daily_dose"'

If the name is already quoted, Django won't alter it. OTOH, see issue
#18514 (which shouldn't be a problem if you have managed=False).

[1]: https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/18514

--
Łukasz Rekucki